ACDHS invites board director nominations ahead of 2023 AGM.
In accordance with the Constitution of the Australian Council of Deans of Health Sciences Ltd (ABN: 74 663 174 276), Institutional Members are hereby invited to nominate for election as Elected Directors. The Australian Council of Deans of Health Sciences Ltd currently has a board of six (6) non-executive directors.
Consistent with the constitution of ACDHS Ltd it is expected that two directors shall resign at the first AGM (May 24,2023) and therefore nominations for elected directors are hereby called to fill two board director vacancies.
In 2022, when the membership voted on moving ACDHS to a company structure, independent of any single university, we have aimed for improvement of our governance and in the advocacy to government and support of our members. Along with developing our capability and capacity with the new structure. ACDHS provides members with:
- a united voice for lobbying government regarding the allied health professions, our students and research
- a single point of contact for others seeking input from the peak body for allied health professional education
- submission on behalf of ACDHS members to relevant enquiries, reviews and commissions e.g., Aged Care Royal Commission, Review of Accreditation by AHPRA, Universities Accord
- representation of ACDHS members on key committees and working parties e.g., Commonwealth Chief Allied Health Officer’s Industry Reference Group
- fortnightly newsletter highlighting opportunities for members in the higher education, health, disability, aged care and education sectors
- four meetings for ACDHS members designed to inform members, canvas views and form positions
- monthly Board meetings for board directors to discuss and respond to issues arising
- commissioned projects e.g., current project on modelling of the allied health workforce needed to meet the needs of the aged care sector
- networking and support from Health Deans across the sector
- ACDHS Forum every two years for members and their partners
- liaison with similar groups to ACDHS nationally and internally e.g., Medical Deans Australia, UK Council of Deans of Health
- opportunity to shape the future direction of ACDHS by participating in the development of new five-year strategic plan for ACDHS in 2023
- opportunities to share and showcase innovative approaches to education, clinical education and research.
ACDHS currently has 29 member universities.
All enquiries regarding ACDHS Board director nominations should be directed to the Executive Director and Company Secretary.