Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous health professionals, students, researchers, academics, managers and policy makers will attend the 2017 IAHA conference in Perth. ACDHS is proudly sponsoring the Health Fusion Team Challenge Prize and a professional development scholarship. ACDHS Executive member, Professor Lorna Rosenwax of Curtin University will be presenting and a number of ACDHS members, including ACDHS chair, Professor Esther May, are attending the conference.
As part of the ACDHS-IAHA collaborative agreement, the next 12 months will see ACDHS members sharing good practice examples and innovations that align with the objectives and activities of the Agreement. With the IAHA conference in Western Australia, it is timely to highlight Jiji-Curtin University’s interprofessional, student lead, remote aboriginal community, allied health placement.
Key reference documents include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Curriculum Framework
- Cultural Responsiveness in Action: An IAHA Framework
- Universities Australia Indigenous Strategy 2017-2020
- Australian Government Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Performance Framework 2017 Report
- Australian Government Implementation Plan for the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Plan 2013-2023